Besides the most famous events, there are many village events as evidence of the vitality of towns and villages in the area. Here are a few:
January - February
- Festival of Fritelle (typical sweet of Carnival time-fried round balls with sugar) - San Donato in the hills on Saturdays and Sundays from January to March.
- Carnival in Castiglion Fibocchi – There is a parade in the historic center of the Figli di Bocco, where people wear masks and costumes of the Venetian tradition. For the occasion, a group of tailors from the town, organized a small amateur business producing tailored suits, hand embroidered and intricate in detail.
March - April
- Florence and Figline Valdarno – On the morning of Easter Sunday, there is the traditional exploding of the cart in front of the Duomo.
- Florence - The International Handicrafts exhibition
May - June
- Festival of the Hailstorm in Castelfranco di Sopra. It dates back to 1700 and is held on the third Sunday of May. It brings the relic of St. Philip in procession as a way of thanking him for the protection from disease and early summer storms. All the businesses participate in the parade.
- Wild Boar Festival in Rignano sull'Arno - late May-early June.
- Truffle Festival in Cellai - Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in June.
- Historic Florentine Football Matches take place with the costumes of the sixteenth century to remember and recall a particular moment in the history of Florence. On February 17, 1530, the Piazza di Santa Croce in Florence was the scene of one of the most important challenges of the Florentine Republic to the Emperor Charles V. With the population besieged for many months by the imperial troops, he tried his hand in a game of football, giving the impression of not considering the Empire army worthy of attention. Each year since then a tournament is organized involving the four historic districts of the city. The prize is a white Chianina calf. The Tournament of San Giovanni of Calcio Storico Fiorentino will normally take place in the month of June each year, with the final being played on the afternoon of June 24th, the day of the patron saint of the city.
July - August
- Monteriggioni Medieval Festival awaits you as every year in the middle of the summer for tourists and not just be spectators of the Middle Ages from afar but also to be protagonists in our ancient history.
- Palio di Siena on July 2nd and August 16th.
- Goblets of Stars - Venues and tasting in numerous demonstrations throughout the month of August.
September - October
- The Festival of Forgiveness is held in all towns the first few days of September.
- Ancient Fair of Cattle in Rignano sull'Arno.
- The Palio di San Rocco in Figline Valdarno.
November - December
- Cheese throwing (Rignano sull'Arno).